While its great that the entire team comes from a diverse background, I don't understand the relevance of taking so long explain it all at the beginning? Although I feel like the video is nice and whimsical, I don't understand what it contributes to the pitch.
You already received feedback from Rick about how to present the X-Men video if you decide to include it, but personally I would scrap it. I would take the time to explain your technology. I remember looking at this patent before and I had the understanding that it was originally going to be used for medical purposes, so explaining the translation into a consumer product would be helpful. For your product slide, I would dedicate a slide just for the product (the headset) and then a slide for the user flows. The overall continuity of your slides could improve from a design perspective; it almost looks like 3 different people worked on it and meshed the slides together. Great job and looking forward to final presentations!
I really liked the explanation of the product, but I think the build up to this explanation is a little too long. Though you did present some context for this device (mentioning Siri and other similar technologies), it may be beneficial for the overall presentation to go straight to the technology so that investors know what you are trying to sell.
The video seems a little awkward in the beginning and the transition into your actual presentation wasn't too smooth. Also, the introduction of all your members was nice but was definitely too long and would probably lose the judges' attention to your actual presentation. I would also say that the I wasn't fully convinced that I would invest in this product - I think you need to emphasize strong points as to why I desperately need this product now. Otherwise, great job and good luck tomorrow!
Using a video to explain your product would definitely be beneficial to your presentation. However, the X-Men clip may be too"unserious" and it did not help with the understanding of the technology. Regarding the presentation slides, perhaps you could eliminate chunks of the text and just leave in key attractive figures. This would definitely make the pitch more understandable and appealing!
Admittedly, I was really excited when you mentioned you would have a little X-men piece in a previous blog post. I think that perhaps it might be a little too obtuse for the sake of your presentation and take too much time. I would definitely try to unify your slides so they look like they are coming from the same people.
Maybe spend less time talking about the team in the beginning and work on the transition to make it more smooth. For slides, try to present more images and fewer texts. Otherwise, you guys are pretty good overall!
Really like what you've done with the presentation but the video seems a bit long, I think it'd be better if you cut it down a few seconds!
ReplyDeleteWhile its great that the entire team comes from a diverse background, I don't understand the relevance of taking so long explain it all at the beginning? Although I feel like the video is nice and whimsical, I don't understand what it contributes to the pitch.
ReplyDeleteYou already received feedback from Rick about how to present the X-Men video if you decide to include it, but personally I would scrap it. I would take the time to explain your technology. I remember looking at this patent before and I had the understanding that it was originally going to be used for medical purposes, so explaining the translation into a consumer product would be helpful. For your product slide, I would dedicate a slide just for the product (the headset) and then a slide for the user flows. The overall continuity of your slides could improve from a design perspective; it almost looks like 3 different people worked on it and meshed the slides together. Great job and looking forward to final presentations!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the explanation of the product, but I think the build up to this explanation is a little too long. Though you did present some context for this device (mentioning Siri and other similar technologies), it may be beneficial for the overall presentation to go straight to the technology so that investors know what you are trying to sell.
ReplyDeleteThe video seems a little awkward in the beginning and the transition into your actual presentation wasn't too smooth. Also, the introduction of all your members was nice but was definitely too long and would probably lose the judges' attention to your actual presentation. I would also say that the I wasn't fully convinced that I would invest in this product - I think you need to emphasize strong points as to why I desperately need this product now. Otherwise, great job and good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteUsing a video to explain your product would definitely be beneficial to your presentation. However, the X-Men clip may be too"unserious" and it did not help with the understanding of the technology. Regarding the presentation slides, perhaps you could eliminate chunks of the text and just leave in key attractive figures. This would definitely make the pitch more understandable and appealing!
ReplyDeleteAdmittedly, I was really excited when you mentioned you would have a little X-men piece in a previous blog post. I think that perhaps it might be a little too obtuse for the sake of your presentation and take too much time. I would definitely try to unify your slides so they look like they are coming from the same people.
ReplyDeleteMaybe spend less time talking about the team in the beginning and work on the transition to make it more smooth. For slides, try to present more images and fewer texts. Otherwise, you guys are pretty good overall!
ReplyDelete